I’ve done quarterly goals before, and failed spectacularly. However, my motivations and what I want to be doing has changed so I thought I would give this a chance again. If at first you don’t succeed, approach from a different road; so that is what I’m doing.
- Learn to edit video in Adobe. I’m looking for possibly a job on the side or career change, but most look for experience with Adobe. So, I bit the bullet and I’ve purchased the Adobe Creative Suite. Now I just need to learn to use it.
- Learn to create YouTube thumbnails in Adobe. This goes along with the previous goal.
- Find 3 new blogs to follow. I’m always on the lookout for a good book to read or ideas for this blog or YouTube.
- Post here every Tuesday, and every other Thursday. This is only the minimum. I’m looking to post more. So in addition to every Tuesday which I’ve been successful at, I’m looking to post more than just once a week. I decided Thursdays sounded nice, and would be more or less doable with everything else I’m working on, but every Thursday may be pushing it a little. Thus the every other part in front of Thursday. 😉
- Outline story. I had a very rough idea going in to NaNoWriMo last November of what I was writing about and I would like to continue the story and at least finish a draft. For this, I probably need to outline. At the last second I’ve also decided to join Camp NaNo this month, so this will hopefully help with this goal.
- Draft story. Feeling like the story is done for the most part from November, I am pushing to have a full draft complete before the end of June. I don’t know about you, but I may have bitten more than I can chew here.
- Look for a writer’s group to join. I’m hoping to get some help, once this story is drafted, or to write a different story and do it better. For this, I would like to join a writer’s group where we all help each other. If anyone is part of a writer’s group, or has any suggestions of where to look (I haven’t started yet) please comment below.
- Obtain 80% feedback rating on NetGalley. Since joining NetGalley, I haven’t really reviewed many of the books available. I’d like to increase this so I can obtain their next “achievement badge” and maybe get some books I’m more excited about to review. I’ve requested a few, but have been turned down, and I believe not having the 80% feedback rating is at least part of it.
- Create an Instagram account. For a long while now I’ve been considering starting an instagram account. Everyone has such great bookstagram photos, I must be honest, I’ve been a bit intimidated. I think it’s time though for me to just take a deep breath and jump in.
These are the goals I have to start at least. I may think of others. Come July, we will all see how I did.